Marketing Tips to Make the Most Out of Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Whether you’re the owner of a wellness business, salon, or spa, there is no doubt that Mother’s Day is a seriously profitable holiday that you can’t afford to miss out on. In fact, American consumers plan to spend $220 on average, $16 more than they planned to spend last year.
While there are many ways to help prepare your business for Mother’s Day, here are a few tips that can help you boost your bottom line. If you’re looking to increase your revenue for this special occasion, check out these effective promotions.
1. Moms love gift cards
Purchasing a gift card for mom is an easy and thoughtful way for a son or daughter to celebrate their mother on this special day. Make sure your salon, spa, or wellness business is marketing gift certificates to all clients ahead of the occasion. Use Mindbody Marketing Suite to create an automated campaign for your Mother's Day gift card offering. Other options include promoting them on your social pages, your website, and in-house. Don’t forget to wrap them nicely for an added special touch.
2. Get the whole family involved to celebrate mom
Any mom will tell you the best part of Mother’s Day is getting to spend the entire day with loved ones. Try creating specials or packages that focus on getting the entire family involved.
- For spa and wellness business owners: You could do a “Mommy and Me” promotion that includes facials, massages, or other spa or wellness treatments for two that can be done together. Mother's Day packages can treat mom to a full day of services. With Marketing Suite, you can send personalized messages to each client who may have a mother figure in their life to spoil.
- For salon owners: Offer a complimentary glass of champagne while your clients get primped for a beautiful Mother’s Day. You can also create a bundle of beauty services mom and kid(s) can experience together at a discounted rate.
3. Use social media to attract shoppers
Use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms to run Mother’s Day contests and promote your specials. When running a Mother’s Day-inspired contest, you could create a bundle of products to give away or offer a free service at your business. People love to win things and offering a prize will encourage your social media audience to check your page out on a regular basis—which can help convert your shoppers into actual clients.
4. Retail products are great gifts for mom
Your clients can treat their mothers to a gift of relaxation with thoughtful retail items from your salon, spa, or wellness business. Robes, essential oils, body scrubs, and bath bombs can bring the spa to her for a day of pampering and relaxation at home. Don't miss out on an opportunity for your clients to bring some of their favorites to mom for a perfect self-care gift. Be sure to showcase gift packages prominently at your business and let your clients know about them through automated campaigns and your social accounts.