26 Ways to Get the Most out of Your Mobile App
By Katie Zeff
Americans check their phones on average 80 times a day, according to a research study by Asurion. Another study cites that mobile apps accounted for 51% of all digital media time. There’s no question that your clients are on their phones and they’re using their apps—a lot!
Apps are no longer just for big corporations, they’re for anyone wanting to take their marketing to the next level. If that sounds like you, and you’ve got (or are thinking about getting) a branded mobile app with MINDBODY, we have some suggestions on how to get the most out of your digital marketing strategy with your branded app.
Your app is a direct link to your customers’ lives—use it as a social channel, an easy booking tool, a mobile store or even a hub for lifestyle and entertainment.
Here are 26 ways to wow your clients with a branded mobile app:
1. Include a link to download your app in auto welcome emails to new clients so that they’re part of your community from the very beginning.
2. Post a link to download your app on your website (both Apple and Android!)
3. Use signs at your front desk to encourage clients to download your app.
5. Run a promotion or incentive program that rewards clients when they download your app. Here is more info about promoting your app.
6. Use your app to post directly on your favorite social media channels to engage and delight your clients.
7. Run a promotion or incentive that rewards your clients to book classes or appointments on your app.
8. Make announcements through push notifications first, so your app users always get VIP information and treatment before anyone else.
9. Spice up your branded app by creating a YouTube channel and sharing helpful videos through social channels or push notifications or a promo tab (think yoga poses, DIY hairstyles or travel workouts)
10. Create one (or several) “What’s Hot” or promo tabs in your app—because your app is awesome and you are taking over the world with personalized content and advice for your clients.
11. Send a push notification to announce a last-minute opening in a class or appointment slot, your app users get first dibs on anything that becomes available.
12. Put promotional images on the app to celebrate employees or members of the month—tell their story, they’re why you come to work every day!
13. Create blog articles or YouTube episodes about lifestyle tips and tricks and share them on social or in a promotions tab of your app (think recipes or nutritional information)
14. Set up a holiday (or back to school) promotion in your app.
15. Offer gift cards on your website and advertise them through your app (great for special occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays and more!)
16. Share playlists to get clients excited about their next class or visit to your business (You’re a taste-maker, so show off your style!).
17. Send your clients a monthly newsletter and feature a link to the stories on your app
18. Partner with another local business to hold a special crossover event, give your users VIP treatment or early registration with a promo code that can be redeemed in the app.
19. Host a challenge or contest for your clients, use social media or special hashtags to create a photo gallery of everyone having fun (#100happydays #yogabingo)
20. Encourage your staff members to be active on social media and promote your business through their own accounts and on the app.
21. Use the retention center to automatically follow-up with app users who haven’t been back to your business within a certain amount of time. Automatic winbacks are the best!
22. Showcase and sell branded shirts, water bottles or other swag in your business and through your app. Also great for events and giveaways!
23. Create a “Welcome” Tab to provide information about parking, what to wear, your vision or include a short welcome message to create the perfect first impression every time.
24. Have a client or staff member “takeover” your app and social channels for the day to inject new personality into your digital brand.
25. Encourage visitors to sign up for memberships or other contracts directly on your app.
26. Use ratings and reviews to get real-time feedback and reviews on your classes, appointments and events
You’ve got a great brand, but don’t stop there. Developing a sincere connection with your clients will make you stand out above everyone else. Your branded app puts your brand right on your clients’ home screen and at the tips of their fingertips.