If you attended this year’s BOLD Conference, it’s likely you walked away with inspiration and enthusiasm to finish 2018 strong. And why wouldn’t you? If you attended our State of the Industry presentation, you know the wellness industry is booming. But just in case you missed the conference, or simply need a refresher, here are the trends (and data) to prove it:
Fitness is on the rise
From H.I.I.T. classes and boxing to Pilates and barre, the fitness industry is thriving —and isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Check out these stats:
- 54 million Americans participate in group fitness, with 27% feeling more “spiritually fulfilled” than those who do not.*
- The yoga and Pilates category is expected to grow 4.9% in annualized growth through 2022.
- Gyms and health clubs are expected to grow 5.3% into 2022.
- The top 14 boutique fitness franchises are predicted to grow 17.6% through 2022.
Different generations are moving in unique ways
The beauty and wellness industries are flourishing, too
Beauty and wellness services also continue to soar.
Here are a few numbers to note:
- 63% of Americans participate in beauty services and 39% with integrative health services.*
- Salons are expected to grow 3.0% through 2022.
- Spas are estimated to grow 3.1% into 2022.
- Massages are the most popular wellness/spa service,* and massage franchises are expected to grow 12.4% through 2022.
Men are big fans of integrative health
Social media continues to help drive business
It’s true, social media really does help drive consumer discovery AND purchases.
Here are the specifics:
- Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are the top three platforms connecting consumers and businesses.
- Approximately 45% of consumers using social media are inspired to purchase products/services online either immediately or at a later date.
You have a chance to make a difference (and grow your business)
While wellness services are more popular than ever, there is still work to be done.
According to the Wellness Index survey:*
- 68% of Americans don’t prioritize fitness
- 57% regularly feel somewhat to extremely stressed
- 70% don’t eat healthfully
- 31% are not satisfied with their social connections
What does that mean for you? As a wellness business, you have the opportunity to reach an entirely new segment of customers and help them lead healthier, happier lives. The bottom line: wellness providers are needed more than ever — and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
For a printable version of key takeaways, check out our infographic.
*MINDBODY Wellness Index Survey July 2018