4 Email Campaigns Your Customers Want to See from You
You probably know email campaigns are one of the most effective ways to get customers to engage with your business.
The trick is to deliver a mix of content that provides maximum value to your subscriber list and presents opportunities for additional revenue, too. Thankfully, with an easy-to-use software like Marketing Suite, building and sending email campaigns is a breeze.
Looking to up your email campaign game? Start with these four campaigns.
A regular email newsletter is an opportunity to interact with and provide ongoing value to your email list.
The most effective newsletter campaigns:
- Are sent regularly (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Include appealing, branded imagery
- Are short and link out, when necessary, to a blog, website page, or another resource
- Include educational and engaging content (i.e., how-tos, client shout-outs, employee bios, FAQs, etc.)
- Lead with valuable content, rather than a sales pitch
The sky's the limit when it comes to newsletter content. Not sure what your customers want in their inbox? Ask! Leverage your front desk and social media platforms for content ideas—then deliver.
Here’s more on how to build an effective newsletter.
Introducing a new class, service, or staff member? Announcing an upcoming event, a new location, or a 30-day challenge? Use an email campaign to get the word out about the latest happenings at your business.
While you may want to include this type of announcement in a regular newsletter send, for your most important announcements, create a separate email for maximum impact.
Make it stand out:
- With an enticing subject line
- By including a clear call-to-action (CTA) where more information and/or next steps are provided
- By targeting a specific set of customers who will find the announcement especially relevant–which likely won’t be your entire subscriber list
When it comes to announcing a promotion at your business, especially to existing customers, sending an email campaign is one of the best ways to get their attention.
When sending a promotion-specific email to your contacts, include:
- An interesting subject line–doing so will help improve open rates
- Messaging that highlights your promotion, lists any exclusions, and includes the expiration date
- A clear call-to-action (CTA)
With Marketing Suite, you can drag and drop a CTA button linking directly to your promotion in the body of your email. Thanks to Offer Builder, customers can take advantage of your promotion with one click.
Have an online store that needs love? Ideally, after you’ve built rapport with your email list (by regularly sending helpful and valuable newsletters), use your email list and the e-commerce email campaign template in Marketing Suite to promote your products and increase traffic to your online store.
- Segment your email list and send targeted products that each group would be interested in buying
- Align product emails with holidays–your customers will thank you for the gift ideas
- Don’t forget about offering gift cards
Other ways to incorporate e-commerce in email campaigns:
- Highlight a new or featured product in your newsletter with the opportunity to purchase—lead with benefits or a testimonial to build trust and rapport first
- Offer products as part of a promotion but do so sparingly—you don’t want customers to only purchase with a discount
Email marketing is important—and sending the right message to your customers at the right time will help you achieve both your retention and revenue goals. With Marketing Suite’s ready-to-use email templates, you can build and send the perfect email campaign in a snap–and save your favorites for easy reuse!
For even more email tips, check out: