Here's How to Prep Your Salon or Spa for Spring
It may be hard to believe, but the first day of Spring is right around the corner! As you already know, the beginning of a new season brings ample opportunity for your marketing efforts to really blossom. Now is a great time to start thinking about new ways you can use salon software to promote your business throughout the new season to help bring in new customers and increase revenue.
Here are some creative ways to ramp up your marketing this spring.
Let’s spring clean your advertising
Springtime is a time for new beginnings, and comes only second to New Year’s in terms of starting anew. It’s time to get rid of the old and bring in the new–think “New season, new you” for your messaging. Use this as a means to reconnect with clients who were MIA during the chills of winter.
Reach out with these “spring cleaning” focused messaging in your ads and social media:
- Hair Salons/Barber Shops: Spring presents the perfect opportunity to draw in new clients. It’s the start of a new season, and with that many of your clients will be excited to sport a new cut and color.
- Spas: Spring has a way of inspiring clients to live healthier, more beautiful lives. This is a good opportunity to offer specials that motivate your clients to be the best version of themselves like facials or detoxes.
- Nail Salons: At the turn of the season, navy blues and oxblood hues are no longer staples in the nail art world - customers will want to lighten things up with pastels that are reminiscent of the budding flowers.
Take advantage of the abundance of holidays and spring events
Spring is abound with holidays and seasonal events. It’s a time for celebrating and having fun. Check out these ideas for spring holidays that are just begging for you to leverage in any of your small business’ marketing or advertising efforts:
- Easter: Devise some clever promotional ideas. Consider giving out Easter baskets or Easter eggs to customers.
- Passover: If you have a Jewish customer-base observing Passover, you may want to offer matzah at your location. And promotional ideas around Passover, like Easter, is another great idea.
- Earth Day: Think of how you can go green for the day (as well as other days). This will especially resonate with clients who are very environmentally-observant.
- Mother’s Day: Mother’s Day would be an excellent time for an event--if you are operating a salon or spa, offer a special event for mothers and daughters with refreshments, along with special Mother’s Day-themed promotions.
- Prom Season: This season can help you increase your bottom line significantly. High school juniors and seniors across the country will need the perfect up-do, make-up application and mani/pedi for their prom. Make sure you salon or spa is equipped during late spring to help accommodate the bevy of beauties walking through your doors wanting the perfect look for the end-of-the-year dance.
Think spring with color and design
With spring, think renewal--flowers, birds, and bright colors. Share spring-like images on your social media pages to get your followers in the mood. Add flowers or bright colors to your website in an eye-catching way. According to Internet design company Aspire, a person’s first impression of your website is 94 percent design-related. This type of imagery will resonate with clients and get them in the mood of the season.
Spring into the new season with web, social media, and marketing materials featuring:
- Bright or pastel colors: avoid anything dark.
- Spring-like images that symbolize renewal: think flowers, birds, sunshine, blue skies, sundresses, the outdoors, even puppies and babies.
- Photos of high quality with bright lighting: avoid anything with dark shadows.
Remember–people look forward to spring all winter long, so as a small business owner or manager, use this to your advantage. With spring nearly sprung, try using the many features of salon software to utilize some of these ideas and leap way ahead of your competition.