We asked over 20,000 Americans about their beauty and grooming routines in the 2020 Mindbody Wellness Index. After all, there are multiple dimensions of wellness, and beauty and grooming services are a part of a holistic approach to wellness.
So what beauty (i.e., hair, skin, nail, etc.) and grooming trends are "in" this year?
Download the full report to see what salon trends you can expect in 2020 and more, including:
- Which US city loves salon services the most and which city is the least likely to be spotted at the salon
- Who got the most haircuts and who is living that low-maintenance, "long hair, don't care" life
- Which cities have the highest percentage of residents booking beauty and grooming services at salons like hair styling, manicures and pedicures, body hair removal, full-body skin treatments, hair color, advanced skin care, permanent makeup, and more
- Who gets the most beauty services and who spends the most—men or women
- The top beauty services for women and top grooming services for men last year
- The trends you can expect to see at the salon this year (and we're not talking just hairstyles)
- Which cities are most eager to try which salon trends this year, including which city is most eager for hair color, hair styling, advanced skin care, body hair removal, and more
- The latest lash trends that Americans are interested in trying this year and the top motivators in getting lash treatments (tired of buying makeup perhaps?)
- Why beauty and grooming is good for the mind, body, and soul
- A glossary with definitions for all the latest salon trends you might not be familiar with (yet)