How to Host an Open Day for Your Fitness Studio
By Katie Philipp
For many of you, the New Year is a busy time, and your business is packed. But how do you make sure that you keep new customers after the rush is over? How do you make sure you’re growing your business year-round?
When was the last time you held an open day?
Open days are something you can do to let existing clients know about fresh and exciting things going on at your fitness studio and bring in new clients and sell them something—all in the same afternoon.
Here’s are some tips as you plan for your open day:
- Offer something FREE or at a discount
- Sell one-on-one sessions (for appointment-based businesses, it can be two hours of FREE sessions)
- Special pricing for that day only on your classes or memberships
- Deep retail discounts to draw clients in
- Encourage pre-registration
- Have extra staff that day, and be enthusiastic
- It’s NOT a party
How to advertise your open day:
- Website (put it front and centre!)
- Google AdWords
- Facebook or Instagram ads
- Sandwich board
- Larger, poster-sized flyers at coffee shops/juice bars, natural foods market or boutiques, etc.
Sample text to help you promote your next open day
Join us for a great opportunity to try out our studio for free in a fun, non-intimidating environment. Current members can come in, bring their friends, take advantage of discounts and snacks, and win free prizes. New students get the opportunity to try out classes. It will be a day of fun so come on by, grab lunch or a juice, and find out why you need (Name of Studio) in your life.
Free Classes All Day! We’ll have free classes every hour on the hour between 9:00 and 15:00. Space will be limited, so sign up online to reserve your spot. See the detailed schedule below for what we're offering and when. You can also use the below schedule to sign up online by clicking the "sign up" buttons. If you have issues signing up online, give us a call, or stop by 15–30 minutes early to take care of registration in person.
Discounts Galore These epic discounts will be available during the open day only! Yoga class passes and massage discounts will be available at a discount online on this day for those of you who can't make it in person.
- $20 Chair massages
- New students get 40 days of yoga for only $30 (10 more days of yoga)
- Get our yoga membership for only $65/month (3-month minimum)
- Get 10% off the yoga 5-pack or 10-pack, massage 3-packs, Yoga 101, or prenatal yoga
- Get 20% off regularly priced retail
- Get 50% off our retail sale rack
Light refreshments (tea, homemade cookies, tapas) from [name of local food vendor] to enjoy while shopping or stopping by.
Free Prizes Attend class, get a massage, make a purchase, and you’re automatically entered to win one of these great prizes. We'll contact you via email within a week of our open day if you're a winner.
- 60-minute massage ($70 value)
- 5-class series ($80 value)
- Free yoga mat ($70 value)