Frequently Asked Questions
- Is MBU appropriate for me?
- We offer two levels of training at MBU. The beginner’s track (designed for the newer user) is a perfect complement to your initial MINDBODY training, and will make you more proficient in the basic operations of the software. The more advanced track at MBU offers deeper software knowledge for even the most seasoned MINDBODY client. Our business theory, marketing, best practices, and financial reporting sessions offer in-depth analysis that benefits everyone.
- How do I register for MBU?
- Click here to sign up for MBU Delray Beach, FL
- Click here to sign up for MBU Pismo Beach, CA
- Click here to sign up for MBU New York City, NY -check back for more info!
- Click here to sign up for MBU Chicago, IL -check back for more info!
- Click here to sign up for MBU London- check back for more info!
- MBU Los Angeles- check back for more info!
- MBU New York City (fall)- check back for more info!
- Do I have to sign up online?
- While we encourage you to sign up online via MINDBODY, you may call the MBU team at (877) 847-4504 to sign up.
- I don’t have the time to get away from my business. Any advice?
- MBU isn’t about getting away from your business. It’s about taking the time to work on your business while you’re not immersed in it. That said, if you are absolutely unable to make it to an event, we offer MBU Webinars and Business of Yoga streaming videos, available directly from our website.
- What’s the online registration survey?
- When signing up, please fill out our quick 10-minute optional survey so we can learn more about you and your business. We’ll ask a little about your business, and a little about how long you’ve been using MINDBODY. The survey is designed to give us the information we need to provide the best MBU experience for you.
- Do you ever extend the Early Bird deadline?
- Unfortunately, no. The deadlines are set based on our own venue, staff, and logistics expenses behind hosting an MBU event. We do offer a 20% discount for MBU alumni, as well as a discount for Premium Services clients.
- Money is tight. Can I pay in installments?
- Yes, we offer payment plans, consisting of two installments. When you get to the payment page of registration, you will be given the option of paying the full amount, or a partial amount (specified by event). The remainder of the total will be deducted from your credit card 10 business days prior to the event start date.
- Can I enroll multiple attendees?
- Absolutely. When signing up through MINDBODY, you’ll have the opportunity to add additional registrants at the purchase screen. You can also let us know in the registration survey; we’ll bill your credit card or checking account/ACH and email you a receipt.
- Is there a deadline for signing up?
- You may sign up for MBU until the Friday prior to the event (typically, 4 or 5 days prior). Afterwards, registration is closed. This policy is non-negotiable.
- What is your cancellation policy?
In order to cancel you'll need to contact the MBU staff via phone or email. Refunds/credits will adhere to the following schedule:
- 16 or more business days prior to the start of the MBU event: Full refund, less $100 cancellation fee.
- 8 to 15 business days prior to the start of the MBU event: 50% refund of tuition.
- 7 or fewer business days prior to the start of the MBU event: No refunds or credits given.
This policy is non-negotiable.
- Who should I send?
- Businesses most commonly send owners, managers, and/or front desk staff. Owners and managers will benefit from our business theory, marketing, best practices, and financial planning sessions; front desk staff will likely get the most from our hands-on MINDBODY software training.
- What about hotel accommodations for MBU?
- We reserve blocks of rooms at a discounted rate at many of our venues—but they sell out fast, so book early. Just tell the hotel that you are with MINDBODY to get the discounted rate. Not all events will have a discounted rate; the event description on MINDBODY will tell you whether one is available. Please make sure your MBU registration is confirmed before booking travel and accommodations.
- Do I need to bring a laptop?
- Yes. Laptops are required for the hands-on training sessions, and we are unable to provide them for you. Because there will be three full days of sessions, make sure you have your power cord handy. You will need to access wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) for the duration of the event, and you will also need Microsoft Excel.
- What are the 1-on-1’s?
- Regularly ranked as a favorite feature of MBU events, 1-on-1 consultations give you the opportunity to ask about your specific business needs with a senior MINDBODY team member. This is your chance to delve deeper into the software, discuss marketing strategies, learn more about financial reporting—just to name a few. To get the most out of it, we encourage you to prepare your questions in advance.
- How can I best prepare for MBU?
Overall, be proactive. Devote some time to your goals. Think: What are my strengths and weaknesses? What am I hoping to learn? Beyond that, here are a few specific steps you can take:
- Complete the online registration survey
- Plan ahead by booking labs and your 1-on-1 before coming to MBU
- Confirm your travel and hotel arrangements
Don't see your question here?
Or call us at (877) 847-4504 and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
“It was well worth the investment! I got SO many ideas and I know they can only help grow the business!”
Kathy Rodriguez of Achieve Fitness, MBU alumna