Here's How You Can Help Create a Sustainable BOLD Conference
At MINDBODY, our core values drive not only how we work but also what we do. Acknowledging that large-scale events can be naturally demanding for our planet, we are trying our best to uphold the core value of being environmentally conscious while planning BOLD, our annual MINDBODY conference. Below are steps for how you can join us on our mission to create a sustainable conference.
Download the BOLD Conference app
Opt-in to our conference app and eliminate the need for a paper program. The less demand there is for the program this year, the less we will print next year. Anything and everything you’ll need for the week can be found in the BOLD app — the agenda, floorplan, exhibitor catalog, session ratings, speaker info, activity feed and more!
Locate the water refill stations
Water refill stations will be abundant throughout our conference halls and in meeting rooms, so make sure to bring a reusable water bottle with you!
Check out the digital signage
This year we are incorporating more digital signage. Since we can’t completely avoid printing signage, we’re trying our best to source locally so that we can reduce carbon emissions associated with shipping. Be sure to check out our green tip of the day visible at the bottom of all digital signage!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Please take note of what should be placed in the compost, recycling, and trash.
- Non-animal food scraps from lunch: vegetables, fruits, grains, tofu, nuts (except walnuts)
- Items from the coffee station: coffee grounds and filters, tea leaves and tea bags (minus the staples!)
- Napkins, paper towels, post-it notes, cardboard
- Animal products from lunch: meat, bones, butter, milk, fish skins
- Oil, fat, grease
- BOLD programs
Be mindful during your stay at the hotel
Stay where all the BOLD action is taking place? Here are some tips on how you can make your stay more sustainable:
- Conserve water and take shorter showers
- Reuse your towels and sheets
- Turn off lights, TV, and AC while away
- Unplug your devices
- Purchase locally grown, organic options in the hotel’s restaurants and bars — these options use a ‘farm to fork’ approach providing support to local vendors and farms