Mother’s Day is around the corner and we all know salon and spa gift cards make great gifts – for moms, grandmothers, aunts, wives, partners and daughters. Here are some tips for translating your own products and services into great Mother’s Day packages that offer the memorable gift of the “experience”.
- Promote your Mother’s Day packages on social media, your blog, your website, your email newsletter and in direct mailings.
- Make it convenient for people to choose your salon or spa gift options by including Mother’s Day gift tags, greeting cards, gift wrap or gift bags along with your gift options (or make them available for purchase near the display).
- Update your website landing page with images of your Mother’s Day promotion and link the call to action button to the “Gift Card” purchase page of your MINDBODY site.
- Send e-mails reminding clients that Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11, 2014 and listing your top 2-3 Mother’s Day gift options.
- Remember that most sales for Mother’s Day will be at the last minute. Promote your Mother’s Day gift options as the perfect “last minute” gift by way of postcard mailer, special dedicated Mother’s Day email, your blog, website and social media networks.
This post was written with Kierna Terrisse, founder of BeautyMark Marketing, a boutique marketing agency that creates stand-out salon promotions, salon brands and premium salon websites. Kierna is a seasoned beauty advertising professional & former Estée Lauder Corporate Creative Director. With over twenty years of beauty marketing expertise and five additional years focused solely on the salon industry niche, BeautyMark Marketing “gets” beauty.