Is your smoothie game a little lackluster? Looking to spice that blender beverage up a bit? You’re in luck—we’ve broken down a few of our favorite go-to smoothie recipes. Start your day off right with one of these cool morning smoothie drinks.
1. Always A-Peeling Smoothie
If green smoothies aren’t your thing, this easy-to-make icy treat is the perfect fit for you. Packed with potassium, fiber and protein, Bon Appetit calls this drink “Monkey on a Date” (and we think you’ll go bananas for it).
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups buttermilk (or nut milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 2-3 Medjool dates (don’t forget to remove the pits!)
- 2 tablespoons of your preferred nut butter
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of ice
Mix all ingredients in together in a blender and enjoy.
2. Matcha Mojo Smoothie
Matcha madness is in full effect, and we’re seeing shades of green everywhere. This smoothie taps into the trend and can replace your cup of joe. Made with green tea, the easily obtainable matcha powder can provide you with the get-up-and-go you need to make the most of your day.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup of ice
- 1 cup of kale
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp of matcha powder
Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Watch this video for added tips and guidance.
3. Time To Get Tropi-Cool Smoothie
Craving a vacation? Find paradise with this refreshing smoothie. Featuring citrus flavors—as well as a fun orange color—this drink will instantly transport you to a faraway place. As for benefits, research has shown that turmeric can boost immunity, which will help keep you on the move all day long.
- 1 blood orange or navel orange, peeled and white pith removed
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon shelled raw hemp seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated peeled turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
Mix all ingredients in together in a blender, adding ice last. Optional: Add a paper umbrella, close your eyes and picture your toes in the sand!