Do you struggle with sugar cravings? You’re not alone, as a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a big issue that comes up again and again are sugar cravings! I help clients reduce their sugar cravings, a goal that may seem wildly out of reach, but can truly become a reality once you learn how to nourish your body with quality, nutrient rich food. I want to let you in on a secret of mine, because I too love chocolate...but it has to be the real deal. I’m talking raw, un-processed, organic cacao. I am thrilled to share with you how you can stay warm this February and nourish your body with the nutritional properties of this superfood.
Warm up, love your body, and stay hydrated with Superfood hot coco: Serves 1
2 tablespoons Raw Cacao
2 teaspoons Maca powder
1.5 cups of plain coconut water (sub or add nut milk for greater thickness)
Pinch of: sea salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger (I grate the ginger fresh)
Add raw honey for sweetness if needed
Bring the coconut water (and/or nut milk) up to a warm temperature in a pot. Add in cacao, maca, sea salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and ginger. If you do not care for hot and spicy, omit the cayenne pepper! Whisk & stir until everything is smooth. Enjoy! Why is this SUPER?
- Raw Cacao: High in magnesium, a mineral that most people are deficient in, and is essential for relaxing the nerves and body
- Maca: an adaptogen, meaning it improves balance in the body where it’s needed or normalizes it under stress
- Cinnamon: stabilizes blood sugar and has anti fungal properties (helps combat candida, a yeast/sugar overgrowth in the body)
- Cayenne pepper: digestive aid …metabolize and elimination of toxins
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory
- Hydrating: The base of this drink is coconut water, rich in electrolytes