1. Organic food has more nutrients! Studies have shown that organic food has higher levels of nutrients than conventionally grown produce such as vitamin C, and many minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron and chromium.
2. Organic food protects your brain, body and nervous system! Organic food is either free from or has a much lower level of pesticides, which are neurotoxins. Neurotoxins are toxins that can damage your brain and nerve cells. Many pesticides currently being used are still considered neurotoxins.
3. Eating Organic is safe and healthy for your children's brain, nervous system and bodies. Children are very susceptible to toxins, much more than adults. Avoid worrying about your kids having the danger of increased exposure to pesticides and genetically-modified organisms from conventionally sprayed and grown produce!
Harvard researchers found that low-level exposure to common pesticides actually doubles the childs risk of ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
4. Protect your Gut! Research has shown that at least 18% percent of all genetically-modified (GMO) seeds are engineered to produce their own pesticides. When you eat the food grown from GMO seeds, they may continue producing pesticides inside your own body (such as in your intestines). This has the potential of causing inflammation in your gut!
5. Organic food has been tried and tested for generations. It has been estimated that genetically-modified food makes up 80% of the average person's food consumption. Remember, genetic modification of food is still experimental.
6. Buying Organic will help reduce the toxins and pollution in our drinking water. Pesticides pollute our water! The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has estimated that pesticides pollute the main source of water for half the American population.
7. Organic food supports our planet. Organic food production is sustainable for our future and has been around for thousands of years. In the U.S. and many parts of the world, the environment has been damaged because of modern agricultural practices with the widespread use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and fertilizers.
8. Support your local farmers by buying Organic food: By choosing to buy and eat organic food, you will help to support farmers with smaller scale organic farms. This will help our family farmers who dedicate their lives for our behalf.
9. Organic farms are safer for farmers & workers. Among people exposed to pesticides, research shows an increase in Parkinson's disease. Kids whose parents work with pesticides are more likely to get leukemia and brain cancer. Studies reveal that childhood leukemia is directly related to increased pesticide use around the home. Nine different studies that were reviewed by the National Cancer Institute also showed a correlation between pesticide exposure and brain cancer.
10. Eating organic may reduce your risk of getting cancer. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that 90% of fungicides, 60% of herbicides and 30 percent of insecticides can potentially can cancer.
Eating organic produce benefits the health of you and your loved ones, our dedicated farmers and the planet!