As you know, MINDBODY Software allows your clients to schedule services themselves using what we call “Consumer Mode.” We’ve always encouraged you to place links to Consumer Mode on your website, in your emails, across your forehead - basically everywhere you can. This will not only increase your revenue (it’s more convenient for your clients) and reduce expenses (by minimizing the time your staff spends playing phone tag), but it will also show potential clients that you are on the cutting edge.
But I digress.
Facebook is a fantastic outlet to encourage your clients to book online. In addition to sharing links to your software by posting to your Wall, adding a "Book Now" Tab will allow your clients to access your software directly from your Facebook Page. Here’s how you can add a custom tab to your Facebook with a link to your MINDBODY Site.
What you'll need:
- A call-to-action image.
- We recommend creating a "Book Now" Button. This should be an image that you or your graphic designer can create.
- To design your own image:
- Then the width should be 520 pixels. The height is more flexible (we recommend between 250 and 500 pixels).
- Here’s what we recommend that you include:
- Your business’s logo.
- A call-to-action button (i.e., "Book now!" or "Register!" or whatever verbiage makes the most sense in your business).
- Any online-only discounts that your business might offer.
- You’ll need to host this image online and have a link to the image handy (you can ask your web designer to do this).
- A link to your MINDBODY Software.
- Copy and paste the URL you see at the top of your browser;
- Or generate a link to a specific tab, program type, etc.
- Toolbox => Setup => Links & Shortcuts
- A go-get-'em attitude.
Adding and Customizing the Static FBML Application
- Add the Static FBML (Facebook Markup Language) application to your business’s Facebook Page.
- Sign in as the administrator of your business’s Facebook Page.
- Visit the Static FBML application page and click "Add to my Page" (see image #1) on the left, then select which page(s) to which you’d like to add a custom tab.
- Note: You must be an administrator of your page in order to add this application and your business must have a Facebook Fan Page (rather than a profile).
- From your page, click "Edit Page" (see image #2).
- Locate "FBML" in your list of applications, then click "Edit."
- Save your changes, then visit your page to make sure your custom tab is placed where you want it to be.
- If it’s not, then just drag the tab to the location you’d like.
Helpful Image #1:
Helpful Image #2: