For many of you, the New Year is a busy time and your business is packed. But how do you make sure that you keep new customers after the rush is over? How do you make sure you’re growing your business year-round?
Well, when was the last time you did an open house?
Open houses are something you can do to let existing clients know about fresh and exciting things going on at your business, and bring in new clients and sell them something—all in the same day. Here’s how:
- Offer something FREE or at a discount
- Sell one-on-one sessions (for appointment-based businesses, it can be two hours of FREE sessions)
- Leave enough time to sell. Don’t schedule back-to-back.
- Special pricing for that day only
- Encourage pre-registration
- Have extra staff that day, and be enthusiastic!
- It’s NOT a party
How to advertise your open house:
- Google AdWords
- Sandwich board
- Larger, poster-sized flyers at coffee shops/juice bars, natural foods market or boutiques, etc.
Here is an example of one open house advertised online by one of our MINDBODY University Consultants:
Join us for a great opportunity to try out our yoga studio for free in a fun, non-intimidating environment. Current members can come in, bring their friends, take advantage of discounts and snacks and win free prizes. New students get the opportunity to try out yoga and see if it can help you be a healthier, happier version of yourself. It will be a day of fun so come on by, grab lunch or a juice, and find out why you need (Name of Studio) in your life.
Free Yoga Classes All Day!
We’ll have free classes every hour on the hour between 9:00AM and 3:00PM. Space will be limited so sign up online to reserve your spot. See the detailed schedule below for what we're offering and when. You can also use the below schedule to sign up online by clicking the "sign up" buttons. If you have issues signing up online, give us a call, or stop by 15 –30 minutes early to take care of registration in person.
These epic discounts will be available on the day of the open house only! Yoga class passes and massage discounts will be available at a discount online on this day for those of you who can't make it in person.
- $20 Chair Massages
- New students get 40 days of yoga for only $30 (10 more days of yoga)
- Get our yoga membership for only $65/month (3-month minimum)
- Get 10% off the yoga 5-pack or 10-pack, massage 3-packs, yoga 101, or prenatal yoga
- Get 20% off regularly priced retail
- Get 50% off our retail sale rack
Light refreshments (tea, homemade cookies, tapas) from Roxanne’s Cafe to enjoy while shopping or stopping by.
Attend class, get a massage, make a purchase, and you’re automatically entered to win one of these great prizes. We'll contact you via email within a week of our open house if you're a winner.
- 60-minute massage ($70 value)!
- 5-class series ($80 value)!
- Free yoga mat ($70 value)!
A Few Online Scheduling Tidbits
Online sign up is encouraged, but not required. Online sign up closes 30 minutes prior to class start time. If you have issues signing up online, just show up for class 15–30 minutes early to take care of registration in person. Plan to arrive no later than 15 minutes early to get settled. Class registrations made online will be released 10 minutes prior to class start time, to allow walk-in students to attend.
Join us for an MBU event in 2015! If you are interested, please visit our website or call (877) 847-4504.
If you are still interested in MBU San Diego, we have just 12 spots left. Visit our website to reserve your place today. Prefer the East Coast? MBU Miami is just around the corner on March 24–26. Sign up by January 28 to save.